1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup Carnation Evap
3 cups cooked chicken bread, diced
1/4 cup pimiento, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
parsley, chopped, garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium-high heat and saute onions and celery.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper and cook for another minute.
4. Sprinkle flour over the vegetables. then gradually add the chicken stock. Stir well to avoid lumps.
5. Add Carnation Evap and allow to simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
6. Add the cooked chicken and pimiento. Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve on toast cups or pastry shells. Garnish with chopped pars